Ken and Family: We are a successful family profoundly affected by neurological disorder. Within our family of five we share and manage successfully with Tourette Syndrome, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Oppositional Defiance Disorder, Social Anxiety, Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome, and Learning Disabilities. We have struggles and failures yet always move forward. We celebrate our strengths and we support each other with our weaknesses and throughout our personal growth. We want to share our experiences and knowledge and offer support to others living with, loving or teaching others who experience neurological differences. We have lots to share. We have found that learning as much as we can, educating others, advocating for our needs leads to the greatest successes.
* Tourette Syndrome (TS)
* Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
* Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
* Oppositional Defiance Disorder (ODD)
* Intermittent Explosive Disorder (IED)
* Learning Disabilities (LD)
* Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)Our information is geared towards parents, educators, affected individuals, and their friends. It will focus primarily on Tourette Syndrome, (TS), Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Oppositional Defiance Disorder (ODD), however the challenges, strategies and tools will have applications to many other neurological difference disorders as well as those individuals who can be described as neurotypical.You will find support in the form of information, explanations, strategies and discussion tailored for the needs of our audience: parents will gain insight from two TS+ experienced parents, teachers/educators will learn from a seasoned lead educator, individuals who have TS+ will be able to reflect on the experiences and musings of 2 adults who deal with the daily challenges these disorders bring, and friends and family members will benefit from learning and gaining an understanding of why we Touretters are driven to do what we do.